We’re gradually discontinuing the change scheduling wording tool. If you haven’t already used the tool to customize your scheduler, it’s not possible to start using it. If you’ve already used the tool to customize your scheduler:
- You can continue to access the change scheduling wording tool until the rollout reaches you and the tool is discontinued for your Acuity Scheduling subscription.
- We'll notify you before the rollout reaches you.
- When the rollout reaches you, your scheduler will revert to the default wording.
Use the change scheduling wording tool to rewrite the copy that appears on your scheduler. Edit the wording to match your business’ style and voice, or to translate your scheduler.
Open the tool
To open the tool:
- In Acuity, click Customize appearance.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Change scheduling wording.
To change text:
- Click the piece of text that you want to change.
- If the text is something you can edit (see exceptions below), the wording appears in the top-left corner of your screen. Use the text box to enter your new wording.
- Click Submit.
To move through the scheduler to edit more text:
- In the top-right corner of the page, click Interact with Site.
- Click through the scheduling process as though you were a client.
- When you reach the text you want to edit, click Resume Editing in the top-right corner.
To edit the page that sells your packages, gift certificates, and subscriptions, open them from a linked page in the scheduler. If you don't have a linked page, temporarily add one:
- In Acuity, click Packages, Gifts & Subscriptions.
- Select Show a link to these items on my Client’s Scheduling Page.
- Click Save.
After you’ve made the changes, you can revert the setting.
Text that can’t be changed
There are a handful of pieces of text on your scheduler that the change scheduling wording tool can’t edit:
- Certain variables that depend on the appointment type a client chooses.
- The words "hours" and "minutes" in the appointment type list.
- Some words, like “on” or “at,” in dynamic content.
- The message that reads, "You will receive a text message reminder before your appointment” if you have text reminders enabled. (This message is required for legal reasons.)
Tip: If you're unable to edit other kinds of text, check the button in the top-right corner. If it says Resume Editing, click it to enable editing.