When a client books with you, they have the option to register for a client account. Client accounts enable them to track appointments, see active appointment codes, and more. This guide explains what client accounts do, how clients register for and use them, and how to remove the option for your clients.
What client accounts do
When a client creates a client account, they can:
- See upcoming and past appointments that are assigned to their client account.
- See any active package, gift certificate, or subscription codes on their account and what they can be used for.
- Access your Client Scheduling Page to reschedule or cancel existing appointments.
- Log in through the Acuity Scheduling Client mobile app to add your business to the app and book on the go.
Customers can skip certain forms that Acuity will autofill for them:
- Their name, phone number, and email address.
- Intake forms they’ve already filled out. Customers can update this information if necessary, but otherwise skip these forms
- Their card information if they’ve chosen to store it.
Tip: Clients who aren’t logged in might see their name, phone number, and email address autofill if they’re using a computer and browser they’ve already used to book an appointment.
How clients register
It isn’t possible to register an account on a client’s behalf. If you’ve booked an appointment on a client’s behalf, they can click Change/Cancel appointment in their confirmation email to reach the confirmation page, where they can register for an account.
How clients log in
If clients aren’t already logged in when they reach your scheduler, they can click Log in in the top-right corner. They'll enter their email address and password, then click Log in.
They can also log in through the Acuity Scheduling Client mobile app. To learn more, visit How clients use the Acuity Scheduling Client mobile app.
Client account limitations
You can't force clients to register for a client account or log into one when booking an appointment. Clients who’ve created client accounts can still book appointments without signing in.
We don’t offer single sign-in solutions for client accounts.
Turn client accounts on or off
The buttons clients use to register for and log into client accounts are enabled by default. To manage this setting, click Customize appearance, then click Scheduling page options. Check or uncheck the box next to Disable client log in & registration, then click Save changes.
Assign appointments to client accounts
When a client logs into their account, they see all appointments that are assigned to their client account. They don’t see appointments that aren’t assigned to their account, even if the appointments are associated with the same email address as their client account.
Acuity automatically assigns an appointment to a client account when:
- The client booked the appointment while logged into their client account
- The client booked the appointment before creating a client account, but later created an account using the same email address; after the client verifies their account through the verification email, the appointment appears in their client account
- You booked the appointment on behalf of the client—unless appointments tied to your client's email address are assigned to more than one client account
Acuity doesn't assign an appointment to a client account when:
- The client booked the appointment without logging in, even if the email address on the appointment matches the email address on the client account.
- You booked an appointment on behalf of a client, but appointments tied to your client's email address is assigned to more than one client account
Assign appointments to client accounts manually
You can assign a single appointment to a client account, or assign many of a specific client’s appointments to their client account at the same time.
To assign a single appointment to a client account:
- In Acuity, click Calendar, then click the appointment to open the appointment details.
- Click Edit, then use the Client user drop-down menu to select a client account.
- Click Save.
The option to assign multiple appointments to a client account only appears if at least one of their appointments is already assigned to a client account and no more than one client account is linked to their appointments.
To assign multiple appointments to a client account:
- In Acuity, click Clients.
- Click a client’s name, then click Assign all to client user.
Assign a package, gift certificate, or subscription to a client account
Unlike appointments, a package, gift certificate, or subscription will automatically be added to a client's account if they purchase it using the same email address, even if they're logged out at the time.
You can also manually assign a code to a client's account. For example, if a client purchases a gift certificate in-person using cash, you can manually assign the gift certificate code to them. To assign the code to a client account:
- In Acuity, click Packages, Gifts & Subscriptions.
- Click View Orders.
- Click the order to edit, then click the code.
- Click the Assign to a client who has registered for an account drop-down menu and select or enter an email address.
- Click Update Code.
The client will see this code listed when they log into their client account or enter their email address to redeem the code.
How to tell if an appointment is assigned to a client account
When looking at a client’s profile and appointment history, there’s a silhouette icon on appointments that are assigned to a client account. In the screenshot below, the first appointment is assigned to a client account, while the second appointment isn't.
If you click the appointment to open the appointment details, the Client user field shows the client account.
How to tell if a client has an account
To determine if a client is registered, you can check your client list. A checkmark will appear next to the client’s name in the client list if they have a client account and have booked an appointment with your business while logged in.
How clients reset passwords
Clients can click the Forgot your password? link next to the password field and follow the prompts that appear to trigger a password reset email.
If a client tries to log in and enters incorrect information, or leaves the password field blank, Acuity shows an incorrect password alert that also includes a Forgot your password? link.
It isn’t possible to reset a client’s password for them.