When you connect Acuity to an email marketing app, Acuity can subscribe your clients to one of your email lists.
If you log into Acuity using a Squarespace account, you can integrate directly with Squarespace Email Campaigns. Whether you log into Acuity with a Squarespace account or an Acuity account,
you can integrate with MailChimp, AWeber, ConvertKit, Constant Contact, Drip, Mad Mimi, and Simplero, or you can connect to ActiveCampaign through Zapier.
Note: Always provide notice and obtain legal consent before adding clients to email marketing lists. To learn more, visit Getting permission to send marketing emails.
How it works
Start by creating an intake form question asking clients if they’d like to join your mailing list. Acuity then shows clients the question during booking. If clients answer yes, Acuity adds them as new subscribers automatically.
If your email marketing app’s settings require customers to confirm they’ve opted in to your mailing list, your new subscribers then receive an opt-in confirmation email from the email marketing app. They aren’t added to your list until they confirm via the confirmation email.
It’s not possible to connect Acuity to more than one list in your email marketing app. If you need to subscribe clients to multiple lists, consider setting up the connection through Zapier instead.
Set up the integration
To set up a connection to your email marketing app:
- Ensure you have a mailing list set up in your email marketing app.
- Set up an intake form with a checkbox or yes/no choice question asking clients if they’d like to join your mailing list.
- In Acuity, click Integrations.
- Find Squarespace Campaigns, or the other email marketing app you want to connect, click Set up, then click Connect.
- Follow the prompts to enter either your credentials or an API key to log in.
- Use the first drop-down menu to select the mailing list Acuity will add clients to.
- Use the second drop-down menu to select the question from your intake form.
- Click Save.
API keys are codes applications use to securely connect to external accounts. If you’re prompted for an API key, contact your email marketing application for information on where to find it.