Tax on Your Acuity Bill

Acuity is legally required by some jurisdictions to collect tax when we bill you for your Acuity plan. If we collect tax from you, it will be clearly listed on your receipt. Tax rates vary by jurisdiction.

In this article:

Note: If you’re wondering how to collect sales tax from your clients, read more here.

U.S. sales tax

We will collect sales tax when billing residents of the following states and cities:

  • Arizona
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Connecticut
  • Denver, Colorado
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Washington, DC
  • West Virginia

European Union Value Added Tax and Australian Goods and Services Tax

We collect VAT from customers in the EU and U.K, and GST from customers in Australia. If your business is registered for VAT or GST and you verify this registration with us, we won’t collect VAT or GST on your purchase. To enter your EU or U.K VAT number or Australian Business Number, go to the My Account page and click Update Credit Card. Please enter these numbers without spaces.

Note: If you’re based in Ireland, you do business with Squarespace Ireland Ltd., and we must collect VAT with your payment — even if you have a valid VAT ID.

Report an error or exemption

If tax is listed on your bill, but you don’t live in a region where we collect sales tax, VAT, or GST, please make sure that your billing address is correct in our system.

  • Go to the My Account page.
  • Scroll down to the Current Plan section.
  • Click the Update Credit Card button.
  • Make any needed changes to your address.
  • Click the Update Billing button.

Some customers, such as certain nonprofit groups and government agencies, are exempt from sales tax. If we are collecting tax on your bill and you believe that you qualify for an exemption from sales tax, please contact us. U.S. users should be sure to attach a copy of a sales tax exemption certificate acceptable to the relevant taxing authority.

Have more questions? Submit a request