Acuity can be set up many different ways to customize your experience. But, to get started, you only need the basics:
- Tell Acuity when you’re available for appointments.
- Set up at least one appointment type.
- Send your clients to your scheduling page.
Let Acuity know when you’re available:
- Go to your Availability settings.
- If you have more than one calendar, click the Edit Availability/Limits button for the calendar for which you want to set availability.
- If there are days of the week that you are always available at the same times — the same hours each Monday, each Tuesday, etc. — you have regular weekly hours. Use the boxes at the top to enter your hours (replacing the default hours that Acuity has automatically entered for you), then click the Save Regular Hours button.
- If you don’t have regular weekly hours, uncheck the box next to I have regular hours every week, then click the Save, switch to Specific Days button that appears.
- Then click on individual days, enter your hours and click Set Hours.
Read More About Availability:
Set up an appointment type:
- Navigate to Business Settings > Appointment Types. (On desktop, this will be on the left side of your screen. On mobile, tap the icon with four horizontal lines in the upper left of the screen.)
- Acuity comes with an example appointment type, called Consultation. Click the Edit button to the right of the Consultation appointment type.
- Now go through and update the details to fit your needs.
- When you have everything the way you want it, click the Update Appointment Type button at the bottom of the page.
- If you need more than one appointment type, use the +New Type of Service button to create it.
Read More About Appointment Types:
Send your clients to your scheduling page:
- Navigate to Client’s Scheduling Page > Scheduling Page Link. (Again, on desktop, this will be on the left side of your screen. On mobile, tap the icon with four horizontal lines in the upper left of the screen.)
- Copy the link that shows up at the top.
- Send it to your clients.
Read more about scheduling links:
Have a question that isn’t covered here?Search our help section.
Things still not making sense? Ask our friendly support staff.
Want hands-on help from a pro?Consider Acuity Certified Experts.