There are two types of syncing:
- One-way sync - Add Acuity appointments to your outside calendar.
- Two-way sync - Add Acuity appointments to your outside calendar and add events from your outside calendar to Acuity, blocking off your availability.
Acuity displays events synced from other calendars in the daily and weekly views of your Appointment Calendar. Outlook and iCloud will sync events up to 200 days into the future. Google will sync events up to a year into the future.
Appointments made in Acuity should be edited in Acuity; the system will not recognize changes made in outside calendars. Events synced into Acuity from outside calendars must be edited in the outside calendar; they cannot be edited in Acuity.
Changing the password to your outside calendar will disconnect your sync. If that happens, go to Business Settings > Sync with Other Calendars and reconnect.
To enable Google syncing, go to Business Settings > Sync with Other Calendars > Google Calendar and click Connect to Google Calendar.
- Learn how to set up Google syncing ≫
- Learn how multiple users can each sync to their own Google calendars ≫
To enable iCloud syncing, go to Business Settings > Sync with Other Calendars > iCloud Syncing and click Connect to iCloud.
You can set up two-way syncing with Office 365, Outlook.com, and Exchange. If you're using a different version of Outlook, you can set up a one-way sync.
- Learn about syncing with Office 365 ≫
- Learn about syncing with Outlook.com ≫
- Learn about syncing with Exchange ≫
- Not sure which version of Outlook you're using? Learn how to tell the difference ≫
- Learn how multiple users can sync their calendars ≫