You can track and reward your customers for referring people to you in a few different ways through Acuity.
Custom Intake Forms
The simplest way to start tracking referrals is to create a new custom intake form to ask customers who referred them when they schedule an appointment.
Responses will appear in their appointment details, or you can see a summary of referrals through the Intake Forms Report by opting to report on that question.
To reward customers who bring in referrals you can create new coupon codes and distribute them on your own to customers.
Using Referral Candy
To automate referral tracking, Referral Candy can be integrated with your account, asking customers to recommend your business in exchange for rewards.
Sign up and go through the setup process at ReferralCandy.com. Make sure the store URL entered is your Acuity scheduling page URL. If your scheduler is embedded on your own website, then use the webpage URL the scheduler is embedded on.
You can view your store URL in your store settings.
After that, head over to your Acuity Integrations settings and choose Referral Candy (under the Conversion Tracking category). From there, you’ll enter your App ID and Secret Key, then save.
Your App ID and Secret Key can be found inside of Referral Candy under the Plugin tokens section within the My Profile section.
You can create coupon codes for Referral Rewards and Friend Offers within Acuity. Create a coupon code for whatever offer you’d like and set it to be used once per customer (unless you’re feeling ultra-generous). Inside of Referral Candy, choose multi-use code and enter the coupon code you created.
Testing Referral Candy
Test your Referral program manually by booking an appointment from your store URL as if you are the client:
- Book an appointment from your ReferralCandy Store URL that was entered in the Store Settings. ReferralCandy sends you an email with a link that you can share with friends.
- In the ReferralCandy email, copy the link.
- Open a different web browser or incognito window, and then paste the link.
- On the scheduling page, schedule an appointment as though you are your client's friend.
- In your ReferralCandy Integration Settings, confirm that you see a message noting your tracking code is being detected.
Note: Referral detection can take up to 12 hours to occur. If you just set up your program you may have to wait that long before you see any referrals in your ReferralCandy dashboard.