- Gift Certificates
- How to Purchase a Package or Gift Certificate-video
- Check Out the Webinar!
In your account client's can book appointments. You can make packages to give a discount on bulk purchase appointments, lock client's into paying for multiple appointments upfront and then redeem these for individual appointments. Learn more below:
Gift Certificates ⚓
In Acuity, Gift Certificates can be created to be used for any Appointment Type you offer.
You can also create gift certificates for dollar amounts! Use this to redeem a dollar amount off from appointments. If balance of certificate is less than appointment price, it can still be used for part of the balance, and certificate can also be used for add-ons.
Note: Gift Certificates cannot be used to purchase non-service items!
Appointment packages allow clients to pay for a several appointments at once. So if you want to offer a promotion like "5 appointments for the price of 4", that's doable with an appointment package!
In the Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates section, you can create a new appointment package by:
- Title and price your package, with the option to add an image and description.
- Check the "Hidden?" box if you'd like to keep the package private. All packages created will display in your store for clients to purchase, but if you'd like to keep a package private for admin use, or to share with a specific client, you'll want to keep the package hidden.
- Give your package an expiration date (optional).
- Determine what your package can be redeemed for: total number of minutes, total $ amount, or total number of appointments. (Only certificates redeemable for a $ amount can be used to pay for add-ons to appointments.)
When you create a package, there are three different redemption options available:
Total number of minutes...
- Allows the package to be redeemed for a total number of minutes applicable across a variety of Appointment Types or Classes.
For example, you can set up a Package that is good for 120 minutes, and it can be redeemed across 5 different Appointment Types or Classes that add up to a total of 120 minutes.
Total $ amount…
- Allows the package to be redeemed for a total value of services applicable across a variety of Appointment Types or Classes. This dollar amount is the total redemption value of the package, not the cost of the package to the client (they can be different).
For example, you can set up a Package that costs $100, and it can be redeemed across 5 different Appointment Types or Classes for a total redemption value of $150.
Total number of appointments…
- Allows the package to be redeemed for a total number of a variety of Appointment Types or Classes.
For example, you can set up a Package that is good for 5 total appointments, and you can define the quantities of Appointment Types or Classes that can be redeemed (1 of Appointment Type A, 3 of Appointment Type B, and 1 of Class C).
After clients purchase a package they'll see the package code that's been generated, and they'll be emailed the code as well, which they'll use on your scheduling page to redeem for their appointments.
Printable Gift Certificates
To offer a printable gift certificate, Edit a package and check the box next to "Gift Certificate" to include a link to view and print a gift certificate.
- This is included on the confirmation page after purchasing, in the confirmation e-mail to them, and you can also look it up for a client by viewing their past order.
Package Codes for Dollar Amounts
If your client has a package code for a dollar amount that they have a remainder left on after purchasing an appointment, they can use the remainder left on the package code for partial credit toward a subsequent booking.
- For example: You have a package for $70, good for $70 worth of an appointment type, and the appointment booked is $50, the client will have $20 remaining on their package code.
- The code can be applied toward the payment of another booking, with the remainder paid with a credit card from your Client's Scheduling Page.
- So the client would be charged $30 for the next appointment, with $20 on the code applied to that $50 appointment.
It will look like this in your client's appointment booking:
This shows payment via code and credit card.
How to Purchase a Package, Gift Certificate, or Product ⚓
Watch this screencast showing how clients would purchase and redeem a package below:
1. From the Client's Scheduling Page
To purchase non-service items, both if the client wants to purchase for themselves or if you sell these items in person or over the phone, one must go to your online Store Page. You can get to this through the View Products/Packages link at the top of your Client's Scheduling Page.
- Depending on your Package & Gift Certificate Settings, your Store Page is accessible directly from your Client's Scheduling Page, either in line with your services, or as a link at the top of your Client's Scheduling Page.
2. From the Admin Side of Acuity
To process the purchase of packages and gift certificates over the phone or in person, you will need to go to your Store Page and process the purchase there -- there is no admin backend for processing product/package purchases.
You can find your store link under Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates
Note: Link to Purchase button will list what you're currently selling (e.g. Subscriptions, gift certificates)
Bookmark your direct link to your Store Page in your browser for quick access for processing these sales!
3. Embed the Store Page on your Website
You can also embed your online store separately on your website, under Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates in Acuity click the "Link to Purchase" button in the upper right to view the code to embed.
After a client purchases a package or gift certificate from your online store page a code will be generated for the client to redeem for appointments and also a link for them to schedule their appointments.
- The code or email used to purchase is needed to redeem appointments on a package.
- The unique package code is included both on the final receipt page after purchasing, and in the email, along with a link to schedule the appointment in both.
- When using Add Code to manually generate a code, you can assign it to any email address. This will show the email in the list of codes so you can see easier who you generated it for.
- Clients can enter an email address in the code field instead of needing to have the exact random code, to redeem a certificate.
- When a code, or email associated with a package code is used towards an appointment, it will deduct that appointment from the balance of their package.
- After the client has used up all appointments on their code, their code will become invalid.
- When clients are scheduling an appointment they can enter a code on the second page right before paying or on the payment page. This will also remind them if they have any codes they can redeem for this appointment based on the email address they entered.
- Individual codes can be edited within a package or gift certificate and change:
- The expiration date for that individual code
- How many appointments the code can be redeemed for
- Which client the code is assigned to
Need More Help? ⚓
Check out our short webinar about coupons, packages, gift certificates and subscriptions here!