In Acuity, you can offer your clients both services and products. This guide will talk about products you can offer your customers, including gift certificates, packages for appointments, subscriptions, and products. These can be created by going to Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certifcates in your Admin view.
Gift Certificates ⚓
In Acuity, Gift Certificates can be created to be used for any Appointment Type you offer.
You can also create gift certificates for dollar amounts! Use this to redeem a dollar amount off from appointments. If balance of certificate is less than appointment price, it can still be used for part of the balance, and certificate can also be used for add-ons.
Note: Gift Certificates cannot be used to purchase products!
Appointment packages allow clients to pay for a several appointments at once. So if you'd like to offer a promotion like "5 appointments for the price of 4", that's doable with an appointment package!
Within the Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates section create a new appointment package by:
- Title and price your package, with the option to add an image and description.
- Check the "Hidden?" box if you'd like to keep the package private. All packages created will display in your store for clients to purchase, but if you'd like to keep a package private for admin use, or to share with a specific client, you'll want to keep the package hidden.
- Give your package an expiration date (optional).
- Designate the appointment types the package can be applied towards and the total number of appointments the package can be redeemed for, a total price, or the total amount of appointment minutes the package can be redeemed for. Only certificates redeemable for a $ amount can be used to pay for add-ons to appointments.
After clients purchase a package they'll see the package code that's been generated, and they'll be emailed the code as well, which they'll use on your scheduling page to redeem for their appointments.
Want to offer a printable gift certificate? Edit a package and check "Gift Certificate" to include a link to view and print a gift certificate. This is included on the confirmation page after purchasing, in the confirmation e-mail to them, and you can also look it up for a client by viewing their past order. This way clients can buy an appointment gift certificate from your store.
How to Purchase a Package, Gift Certificate, or Product ⚓
To purchase non-service items, both for the client to purchase themselves or if you sell these items in person at your business, one must go to your online store page. You can get to this through the View Products/Packages link at the top of your client's scheduling page.
- You can also embed your online store separately on your website, under Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates in Acuity click "Direct Link" in the upper right to view the code to embed.
After a client purchases a package or gift certificate from your online store page a code will be generated for the client to redeem for appointments and also a link for them to schedule their appointments.
- The code or email used to purchase is needed to redeem appointments on a package.
- The unique package code is included both on the final receipt page after purchasing, and in the email, along with a link to schedule the appointment in both.
- When using Add Code to manually generate a code, you can assign it to any email address. This will show the email in the list of codes so you can see easier who you generated it for.
- Clients can enter an email address in the code field instead of needing to have the exact random code, to redeem a certificate.
- When a code, or email associated with a package code is used towards an appointment, it will deduct that appointment from the balance of their package.
- After the client has used up all appointments on their code, their code will become invalid.
- When clients are scheduling an appointment they can enter a code on the second page right before paying or on the payment page. This will also remind them if they have any codes they can redeem for this appointment based on the email address they entered.
- Individual codes can be edited within a package or gift certificate and change:
- The expiration date for that individual code
- How many appointments the code can be redeemed for
- Which client the code is assigned to
Need More Help? ⚓
Check out our short and super insightful webinar about coupons, packages, gift certificates and subscriptions here!