You can enter the Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel or any other code under Business Settings > Integrations within the Facebook Ads Pixel for tracking Facebook ads, or Custom Conversion Tracking integration for other apps that need code to be loaded after someone books an appointment.
Facebook Ads Pixel
Use the Facebook Ads Pixel under Integrations to load your Facebook pixel whenever someone visits your scheduling page for retargeting audiences, and also track conversions when appointments are successfully scheduled.
All you need is you Facebook Pixel ID in order to integrate Acuity with your Facebook Ads Manager account. That can be found in your Ads Manager account at the top right. Place your Pixel Id in the Facebook Ads section of Integrations.
Several different events are sent to Facebook:
- PageView is always sent when pages are loaded
- InitiateCheckout is triggered when someone starts scheduling an appointment or purchasing a package/subscription
- Purchase is triggered after someone successfully books an appointment. The price sent is the total price of appointments scheduled.
Inside of Facebook you can create audiences based on these events from their Pixel section inside of the Ads Manager.
You can only use one pixel ID in the Facebook box in integrations, but you can add multiple pixel codes in Custom Conversion Tracking! Read more about Custom Conversion Tracking below.
If you are using the same pixel for multiple sites besides your Acuity scheduler, you will not be able to differentiate events from one site between the other.
Not seeing events in Facebook?
If you are not seeing any events, try scheduling an appointment from your client's scheduling page, then waiting 15 minutes, and refreshing Facebook. Facebook will only show events that have been triggered on your scheduling page and it can take several minutes after they are triggered to show up inside of your Pixel manager.
If you are still not seeing events or having issues, contact support.
Creating an Audience
1) Create an audience based on "Custom Combination" so you can specify the audience for events
2) Choose "Event" instead of the the default URL for what to include, then you can select which event to base it on. For example, here this audience includes anyone who has started to schedule an appointment in the last 30 days (the "Include"), except for people who have successfully schedule (Exclude Purchase).
Sometimes you may have to add customized code to your Facebook pixel and our default integration may not work for you. If you need to do that, you can instead enter the customized pixel tracking code in the Custom Conversion Tracking section of your Integrations settings.