In this guide:
Enter the Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel or any other code under Business Settings > Integrations within the Facebook Ads Pixel for tracking Facebook ads, or Custom Conversion Tracking integration for other apps that need code to be loaded after someone books an appointment.
Facebook Ads Pixel⚓
Use the Facebook Ads Pixel under Integrations to load your Facebook pixel whenever someone visits your scheduling page for retargeting audiences, and also track conversions when appointments are successfully scheduled.
All you need is your Facebook Pixel ID in order to integrate Acuity with your Facebook Ads Manager account. That can be found in Facebook in your Ads Manager account at the top right. Place your Pixel Id in the Facebook Ads section of Integrations.
Several different events are sent to Facebook:
- PageView is always sent when pages are loaded
- InitiateCheckout is triggered when someone starts scheduling an appointment or purchasing a package/subscription
- Purchase is triggered after someone successfully books an appointment or completes an order for a package, gift certificate, or product from your store. The price sent is the total price of appointments scheduled or total order price. The content_category is either order if the event came from an order from the store or appointment if it was an appointment scheduled.
Inside of Facebook you can create audiences based on these events from their Pixel section inside of the Ads Manager.
You can only use one pixel ID in the Facebook pixel section in Integrations, but you can add multiple pixel codes in Custom Conversion Tracking! Read more about Custom Conversion Tracking here.
If you are using the same pixel for multiple sites besides your Acuity scheduler, you will not be able to differentiate events from one site between the other.
Creating an Audience⚓
Optionally create an audience based on your scheduler visitors in order to retarget your Facebook ads to that group. Learn more about Facebook Audiences here.
1) Create an custom audience and choose to create the audience based on Website traffic so you can specify the audience for events:
2) In the "All website visitors" dropdown, choose any of the events under the From your events section to create your audience based off of one of those events:
For example, here this audience includes anyone who has started to schedule an appointment in the last 30 days (the "Include"), except for people who have successfully schedule (Exclude Purchase):
Sometimes you may have to add customized code to your Facebook pixel and our default integration may not work for you. If you need to do that, you can instead enter the customized pixel tracking code in the Custom Conversion Tracking section of your Integrations settings.
Testing the integration
To test the integration to see if it is working, schedule an appointment from your client facing scheduling page. In your Facebook Ads Manager details you should be able to events received for the PageView, InitiateCheckout , and Purchase events:
If those events are coming through the pixel integration is successful!
Not seeing events in Facebook?
If you are not seeing any events, try scheduling an appointment from your client's scheduling page, then waiting 15 minutes and refreshing Facebook. Facebook will only show events that have been triggered on your scheduling page and it can take several minutes after they are triggered to show up inside of your Pixel manager.
If your Acuity scheduler is embedded on your website, the Facebook Pixel integration through Acuity will still work. Whether your clients are scheduling from your stand alone scheduling page or the scheduler embedded on your own website the pixel will fire and send events to the your Ads Manager.
If you are using the Acuity Facebook Pixel Integration and also have your pixel in your own website, you can expect to receive multiple page views-- one page view when your website loads and a second page view when the embedded scheduler loads-- but one Purchase event when an appointment is completed being scheduled.