Integrating Acuity with MailChimp allows you to directly connect Acuity appointments and your bulk email lists.
In this guide:
Note: If you are in the European Union, you should enable double opt-in to ensure General Data Protection Regulation compliance.
Note: It’s important that you make sure your list follows MailChimp’s rules. Be sure to read MailChimp’s Guidelines for List Compliance.
How to set up the integration ⚓
How to integrate Acuity and MailChimp:
- Add a Checkbox or Yes/No Choice question similar to “Do you want to join our mailing list?” to an existing form, or create a new form and add the question. (Click here to learn how to use forms and questions.)
- Go to Business Settings > Integrations.
- Scroll down to the Email Marketing section.
- Click on the Set Up button below MailChimp.
- Enter your MailChimp API in the field that appears.
- Click Connect to MailChimp.
- In the first dropdown, select the MailChimp list to which you want new Acuity clients added.
- In the second dropdown, select the question you created in the first step.
- Click Save List.
Each new appointment will sync the client’s name, last appointment date and last appointment type to MailChimp.
How to sync your existing clients into MailChimp:
- Go to Appointments > Import/Export.
- Click Export Client List. Acuity will export your client list to your device as a .csv file.
- Import the .csv file to a list in MailChimp.
Single opt-in and double opt-in ⚓
MailChimp lists can be set to require single opt-in or double opt-in.
- Single opt-in: Clients who answer “Yes” to your opt-in question are added to your mailing list.
- Double opt-in: Clients who answer “Yes” to your opt-in question are sent a confirmation email. Those who confirm are then added to the list.
If you are in the EU, we strongly recommend you use double opt-in.
Did the clients click “Yes” on your opt-in question? If your client books through the Client Scheduling Page, they must check this box to be added to the list. If you’re booking for them from the admin side, you must check the box for them. To do this, click on the Forms, Codes and Notes section during scheduling.
Are your clients confirming that they’ve opted in to your mailing list? If you have double opt-in enabled and you don’t see clients on your MailChimp list, it’s likely that they didn’t confirm their opt-in. You can choose whether your MailChimp list uses single or double opt-in in MailChimp.
Subscribing clients to different MailChimp lists ⚓
Acuity’s MailChimp integration only syncs to a single list, but it’s possible to sync to multiple lists using Zapier. Here’s how:
- Choose an Acuity trigger, such as New Appointment.
- Add a filter or trigger question.
- Define your filter.
- Choose your MailChimp action. Make sure to specify which list and group those from the filter go to.
See the images below for more details: