Connecting Acuity with MailChimp is a great way to bulk e-mail all of your clients.
Optionally, you can subscribe new clients to your MailChimp list when booking. Just create an intake form with a Checkbox or Yes/No Choice question like "Do you want to join our mailing list?" and select it. Be sure to read MailChimp's Guidelines for List Compliance. You don't need to add a question for each intake form, you only need one mailing list question selected for the integration to work!
Once you've saved your list selection, each new appointment will sync the client's name, last appointment time, and last appointment type to MailChimp. New subscribers will receive an opt-in confirmation email and be added to your list when they confirm.
The integration will add new appointments as they're scheduled to MailChimp. To sync your current list of clients, first go to Appointments > Import/Export and Export Clients to Excel. Then, import the CSV file to a list in MailChimp.
Why don't I see new subscribers?
Subscribers can be added one of two ways:
- When a client answers "Yes" to your opt-in question when scheduling through your Client's Scheduling Page.
- If you're scheduling the appointment from the admin side of Acuity, you can answer "Yes" to the opt-in question by clicking on the Forms, Codes and Notes section during scheduling.
New subscribers will receive an opt-in confirmation email from MailChimp before they are added to your list. They'll need to confirm their opt-in before they are added to your list. If you don't see them on your list, it's likely that they did not confirm their opt-in.
How do I subscribe clients to different lists?
Acuity's MailChimp integration only syncs to a single list, but it's possible to sync to multiple lists using Zapier.com.
- First, you'll choose your Acuity trigger, such as New Appointment or New Product Order.
- Then, you'll want to add a filter or trigger question. (see below where to find adding a filter)
- Next, you'll want to define that filter. (Also, seen in-detail below!)
- Last, you'll choose your MailChimp action and make sure to specify which list and group those from the filter go to!