Each appointment type can have a unique e-mail body! A default e-mail for all appointment types will be used if you did not want to customize by appointment type.
Email Subject Line
Keep in mind -- the email subject line cannot be customized per appointment type. The email subject line can only be edited from your Default email template.
Using %tags% is a great way to get your email subject line to dynamically pull data from your appointments to make your subject lines customized per calendar, appointment type, and client name!
Email Body Template
- Select the appointment type you'd like to customize from the drop down menu next to "Customize a specific appointment type"
2. Customize the email and click Save Template
3. The dropdown will now read custom e-mail next to that appointment type. Appointment types without the custom e-mail will receive the default notification.
- This can be done for all appointment notifications (confirmation, reminder, follow-up, cancellation and rescheduling email).
Revert to the Default Email Template from a Custom Email
If you change your mind and want to revert back to the default template for your notification emails, you can totally do that with a couple clicks and a scroll!
Choose the custom email you'd like to revert back to the default template >scroll to the bottom of the page > and click Use Default Template.
Check it out here:
The custom email will revert back to the default template and your custom email from that appointment type will be deleted. Keep in mind, if you've previously customized the default email, deleting the custom template will revert to the current default email template.
Did you Delete a Button, and You Want it Back?
If you were editing away and deleted one of the three link buttons at the bottom of your email notification, you can add it back!
To do this, click on the <> HTML view. It's not at scary as you might think! Next, select all the text (ctrl+A) and delete it! It's ok, I promise! Finally, save this edit by clicking Save Template. Your email template will revert back to the original default and you can add your customizations again from scratch!
Edit Button Text on Emails
After you've scheduled the clients' appointments on the admin end, they can click the
Change/Cancel Appointment button on their confirmation email then click the Edit Forms button on the appointment confirmation page to fill out any applicable forms!
You might what to edit your buttons in your emails to makes this super duper clear to your clients. To do this, click the text on your Change/Cancel Appointment button on their confirmation email and click Edit. Make your edits and click Edit in the pop out editor.
If you accidentally deleted the links on the buttons, you can re-link them!
- %viewlink%: This tag will create a "Change/Cancel Appointment" link where clients are able to reschedule and cancel their appointment, as well as view/edit their form answers. You can also use %viewhref% to add just the URL, without the link, to the e-mail.
- %exporthref% for Add to iCal/Outlook Calendar
- %googlehref% for Add to Google Calendar
Just a note, you'll need to enable this feature in the Scheduling Limits section of your account to make this work! Check this box off when you get there!
Interested in turning off custom emails? Check out this article next!