Each appointment type can have a unique e-mail body. A default e-mail for all appointment types will be used if you do not want to customize by appointment type. Access your Notification Email templates and settings at Business Settings > Email Settings. The tabs across the top of the page will let you pick which of your notifications you want to customize.
In this Guide:
- The Email Subject Line
- The Email Body Template
- Change back to the Default Email Template from a Custom Email
- Did you delete a button, and want it back?
- Email Button Text and Links in Notifications
- Turn Off Notification Emails to Clients
The Email Subject Line⚓
Use %tags% to get your email subject line to dynamically pull data from your appointments and make your subject lines customized per calendar, appointment type, and client name.
Keep in mind -- the email subject line cannot be customized per appointment type. The email subject line can only be edited from your Default email template.
The Email Body Template⚓
Each notification type can have its own customized text.
- Initial Confirmation
- Package/Gift Certificate Order
- Subscription Paid
- Subscription Canceled
- Go to Business Settings > Email Settings and choose the appointment type you want to customize from the drop down menu next to "Customize a specific appointment type".
- Customize the email and click Save Template.
- The dropdown will now read custom e-mail next to that appointment type. Appointment types without the custom e-mail will receive the default notification.
- This can be done for all appointment notifications (confirmation, reminder, follow-up, cancellation and rescheduling email).
Change back to the Default Email Template from a Custom Email⚓
- Choose the custom email you'd like to revert back to the default template
- scroll to the bottom of the page
- click Use Default Template.
Check it out here:
The custom email will revert back to the default template and your custom email from that appointment type will be deleted.
Keep in mind -- if the default email was customized, deleting the custom template will revert to the current default email template.
Did you delete a button, and want it back?⚓
These buttons in email templates can be deleted, and you can undo the deletion. Here's how.
- To do this, click on the <> HTML view.
- Next, select all the text (ctrl+A) and delete it.
- Finally, save this edit by clicking Save Template.
Your email template will revert back to the original default and you can add your customizations again from scratch!
Email Button Text and Links in Notifications⚓
After you've scheduled the clients' appointments on the admin end, they can click the
Change/Cancel Appointment button on their confirmation email then click the Edit Forms button on the appointment confirmation page to fill out any applicable forms.
You might what to edit your buttons in your emails to makes this more clear to your clients. To do this, click the text on your Change/Cancel Appointment button on their confirmation email and click Edit. Make your edits and click Edit in the pop out editor.
If you deleted the links on the buttons, you can re-link them. Here are the link tags you can use:
- %viewlink%: This tag will create a "Change/Cancel Appointment" link where clients are able to reschedule and cancel their appointment, as well as view/edit their form answers. You can also use %viewhref% to add just the URL, without the link, to the e-mail.
- %exporthref% for Add to iCal/Outlook Calendar
- %googlehref% for Add to Google Calendar
Keep in mind -- you'll need to enable this feature in the Scheduling Limits section of your account to make this work! Check this box off when you get there!
Turn Off Notification Emails to Clients⚓
Interested in turning off custom emails? Check out this article next!