Appointment Notifications can be sent to your clients to keep clients informed about their appointment and reduce no-shows! Head over to Email Settings to set these up and customize them to your heart's content. You'll also find settings for Text/SMS notifications under your Reminders.
- Initial Confirmation
- Reminders (up to 3 emails and 1 text message*!)
- More on Text messages here!
- Package/Gift Certificate Order
- Subscription Paid
- Subscription Canceled
Note: Text message reminders are only available on the Growing and Powerhouse plans. Free accounts send confirmation messages when appointments are booked, but not reminder or follow-up messages.
What Notifications are Sent and Who's Getting What?
Clients will receive:
- An email confirming their appointment either if they are booked by you on the admin side, or from the Client's Scheduling Page by your client
- Up to three reminder emails before their appointment at a time frame that you designate
- A follow-up email after their appointment if you have that feature enabled
- An email if the appointment is cancelled or rescheduled
The admin will receive:
- An email notification when an appointment is scheduled, canceled, or rescheduled
- You can enable the reminder to go out to the admin and anyone listed under the calendar settings.
- Emails are sent to the main user for the account.
If you want more than one admin to get notified when someone books, reschedules or cancels on an Acuity calendar you can list other addresses in the email field within the Settings for that calendar. You can find the settings by going to Business Settings -> Availability, and then clicking on the Settings tab next to the calendar you'd like to send notifications for. Multiple emails can be listed there separated by commas. This is also true for phone numbers.
What these notifications say can be changed under Email Settings.
Not Getting Notifications?
If you or the client didn't receive an email check your junk/spam mail folder to see if it was misclassified there. You can also check a log on the appointment for when emails were sent, viewed, or if they were dropped.
The Email Notification From/Reply-to Address
You can change the email address where replies to your notifications are sent. The reply to & from email address on all emails will default to the account owner's email address unless you would like that address to be changed in your calendar settings.
To change the reply to & from email address in your notifications follow these steps:
- Go to Business Settings > Availability > Calendar Settings
- Click the Change link:
- Enter in the email address of the calendar owner, or any other email address you want as the reply to email.
Want to Customize your Notification Emails? You can! Check out our guide here for more details!