Appointment Types are services that clients can schedule with you. This is the first thing clients pick when scheduling their appointment.
You can have as many different appointment types as you need. Here’s how you can create yours!
- Select (+) New Type of Service to create a new appointment type.
- If you don’t want to charge, set the Price to $0.00 to omit mentioning the price to clients.
- The Duration + Padding is how much time will be blocked off on your schedule when clients book an appointment. Padding is added to the beginning and/or end of the appointment.
- Set access to Public to let clients book this appointment type, or Private so only you as a logged-in admin (and clients that you share the direct link with) can schedule it. For example, if you wanted anyone to book a "Free Intro Session" mark that as Public. Then if you wanted only approved clients to book a "Follow-up Session", mark that one as Private and share the direct link with those clients.
- You can find or copy a Direct Scheduling Link to any individual appointment type or category on your main appointment types list page.
- You can drag-and-drop any of the appointment types to re-order them, on the main appointment types list page (within each category).
You can also offer classes, workshops, or other group events at specific times that a larger number of people can sign up for. Check out help on offering classes/group events for more information!
Appointment Types can be deleted by editing the type, then clicking "Delete Appointment Type" at the bottom. The good news? Deleting an appointment type will not remove any appointments that are already scheduled; it'll only prevent future appointments from being booked as that appointment type.
Have lots of appointment types? Categories are a great way to visually organize your client's scheduling page by grouping appointments together by category. You can also link directly to different categories so clients can only view the appointments within a single appointment type category. Categories are shown in alphabetical order on your main appointment types listing page, and on your Client's Scheduling Page.
To add or change the category of an appointment type, edit that type, then choose a category from the drop-down or select "new category...".
Direct Links for Categories ⚓
- Category Direct Links can be found on your Client's Scheduling Page > Scheduling Page Link Page in the Direct Link Dropdown Menu. The Client's Scheduling Page section from the drop-down that says "Show direct links for”.
- And on your Business Settings > Appointment Types Page next to the category heading in your appointment types list.
NOTE: You can only use categories if you have 3 or more appointment types set up. If you have less, the option won’t show.