Yes! When entering the phone number a country code preceded by a plus sign (+) must be entered to receive the text notifications. There is no additional fee charged by Acuity.
- United States: no country code needed
- Canada: no country code needed
- Australia: no country code needed if your account is set to an Australian time zone, just enter the phone number preceded by a 0 like: 0417827142
- New Zealand: no country code needed if your account is set to New Zealand time zone, just enter the phone number preceded by a 0 like: 0417827142
- United Kingdom: no country code needed if your account is set to London time zone, just enter the phone number preceded by a 0 like: 07903567665
- Other Countries: a country code must be added with a + before the number, like +97312345678. Contact Support if you'd like that automatically added to numbers.
If you're testing text messaging, here's a couple of tips:
- Text message notifications are available only with Powerhouse Player and Growing Business plans.
- Texts are sent to admins when an appointment is scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled if your phone number is listed under the Calendar Settings. This is the quickest way to test that you can receive texts. List your phone number in the calendar settings to be notified about appointments, schedule a test appointment and you should be notified immediately.
- Texts are send to clients as Reminders. Enable this under E-mail Settings. Text message reminders are sent at the same time as the first E-mail Reminder only. You can check if that was sent by viewing all changes & notifications sent for the appointment. If you haven't received a text, double-check that the appointment was scheduled far enough in advance and a reminder was sent out, and that the phone number on the appointment is valid.