- Setup Class Series
- How to Offer Dates in a Series
- Scheduling a Class Series- how it looks to the client
Creating a Class Series⚓
To create a group class/event that lasts for several days, get started by creating a new class in your Appointment Types settings. Then follow the next steps:
1.Click on the "+New Type of Group Class" button
2. Name the class and set the duration. This duration is how long the class lasts on a single day.
3. Enter the price for the complete series. This price is how much all the classes together are.
4. Set the max number of people that can sign up.
5. Check the box next to “Clients must sign up for all the times this is offered” to automatically sign up clients for all days the series takes place at:
6. Save by clicking the final "Create Appointment Type" button.
Offering Dates in the Class Series⚓
After you've saved, you can choose which dates the classes are offered by clicking the "Offer Class" button in the column to the right of the screen.
Here you can enter in the dates and times the class occurs on. You can even enter in recurring times for a class that repeats! :
- Choose the calendar the class will be booked on (if you have multiple calendars in your account.
- In the dropdown under "Offered At" choose the date the class starts, then enter in the time
- Click on recurring to choose how often the class date repeats
- Click "Save Class" and a list of the dates the class occurs on appears
*A couple of Pro-tips:
- This full set up will need to be repeated for each set of classes, courses or workshops you'd like to offer, even if it is the same subject. A new class appointment type and set of classes need to be created.
- After a series has started or ends you can mark the appointment type as "Private" to hide it from the scheduling page.
- Once a series starts clients cannot jump into it. The admin can add the client to each class individually though.
- If a client cancels they will be canceling every class. Cancelation cannot happen after the first class takes place
Scheduling a Class Series- how it looks to the client⚓
When clients go to book the appointment from your scheduling page, they’ll instantly be signed up for every class date offered within the series.
Each date/time in the series will display as a list once it's selected by the client:
Once the first class has taken place, clients will no longer be able to sign up for the class from your scheduling page (since they wouldn’t be able to attend all classes).
No worries, though––we’ve got a loophole! To book a client into a class that’s already begun, you can do so by scheduling the client into the particular class date on the admin side of Acuity:
- Go to your appointment calendar and click on the class
- Click on "+ Attendee" and enter in the client's information to schedule them
Looking to set up a regular class or group event? Click here to check out our help article on how to set that up!
Note: Classes and group events are only available on our paid plans. To upgrade, go to your My Account section in Acuity!