Acuity appointment types always have a fixed price. However, we have developed some workarounds that might work for you.
- Make sure your appointment types have a price set. (The price can be $1, and don't worry, client's won't see it once you're done with these steps.)
- Go to Client's Scheduling Page > Customize Appearance.
- Scroll down to the Scheduling Page Options section and check the box next to Appointment Type List: Hide Prices.
- Go to Business Settings > Payment Settings.
- Under the WHEN CLIENTS SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT dropdown, select Require a valid card, but don't charge.
- Make sure that the box marked Also give clients the option to pay the full amount in advance is not checked.
- When clients book an appointment, Acuity will collect the client's credit card information, but won't charge them. You can then enter the price you've decided on manually.
Note: The Require a valid credit card, but don’t charge setting is only available when using Stripe, Square, or Braintree as your payment processor. Click here to learn more about the features available with each payment processor.
- Make all your appointment types private.
- Create several variations of the same appointment type, but with different prices. (Such as Consultation: $100, Consultation: $75, Consultation: $50, etc.).
- When a client contacts you, determine their position on the sliding scale, then send them the direct link to the appropriate appointment type.