Zapier allows you to integrate programs together, forming “zaps”, or actions that take place between programs once an event occurs, or is “triggered”. Acuity integrates with hundreds of programs through Zapier, and some of the most popular integrations set up with Acuity are:
- Bulk Emailing programs like MailChimp, AWeber, and Contant Contact, which will add or update clients in your emailing program when appointments are scheduled.
- Invoicing programs like QuickBooks and FreshBooks, which will generate invoices when an appointment is scheduled, or an item is purchased in Acuity.
- CRM systems like Salesforce, InfusionSoft, and Zoho CRM which will add or update contacts in your CRM once an appointment is scheduled in Acuity.
Check out Zapier’s page to see a full list of the programs that can be integrated with Acuity.
We’ll go over one of our most popular zaps here, syncing to multiple MailChimp lists, including step-by-step directions for how to do that.
MailChimp - Sync to Multiple Lists
Acuity integrates directly to MailChimp, allowing you to add or update contacts in a MailChimp list without needing Zapier as a go-between. However, Zapier’s integration allows for additional flexibility like adding clients to multiple MailChimp lists by filtering for a specific calendar, or a specific appointment type.
In our example we’ll sync different appointment types into different lists in MailChimp. To do this, we’ll create a “zap” for each list, filtering by appointment type name, so clients are only added or updated in MailChimp when they book the appointment “Cupcakes in Machu Picchu”.
- Inside of Zapier, click “Make Zap” then select Acuity Scheduling as the “trigger” app. This will be the program whose actions set into motion the zap.
- Select the "trigger action". We'll select "New Appointment" as the trigger, in order for clients to be added or updated in MailChimp after an appointment is scheduled in Acuity.
- You’ll be prompted to log into your Acuity account at this point to give Zapier permission to set up the zap. Zapier will then use an appointment booked in Acuity to run a test and confirm all systems are a go.
- Time to choose the “action app” which is MailChimp, and the action of “Add/Update Subscriber” to add new clients into MailChimp.
- Choose the MailChimp list you’d like our subscribers added into, select the client fields you’d like to sync, and click confirm.
- At this point you can add “filters” to further filter out the clients you’d like to add into MailChimp. Using the “Text Exactly Matches” option we’ll ensure that only clients who schedule the appointment “Cupcakes in Machu Picchu”” will be added into MailChimp.
- Rinse and repeat for each different list you’d like to sync appointments to in MailChimp!