Classes/group events allow multiple people book an appointment for the specific times you offer.
To create a class or group event, follow these steps.
- Go to Business Settings > Appointment Types
- Click +New Type of Group Class at the top of the page:
- Enter in a name, time duration, price, category, color code, image that you want to show on your Client's Scheduling Page representing the class, choose if you want the class to be public or private, and enter in the maximum number of participants allowed to sign up for the class *. *This is mandatory. You cannot leave this field blank or at 0. If you do so, the class will revert to a regular, non-class appointment type on your schedule.
- If you want to create a class series that requires that the the client signs up for all times offered, check the box under the Max number of people field:
- Click Create Appointment Type to save your work.
- Offer and schedule your class. Creating the class is the first step. Now you must add a date and time when your class is available. After the class is created, click +Offer Class on the right side of the class' page settings. Here, you can choose what calendar you want the class to appear on (if you have more than one calendar), and choose the date and time of the class. Remember to click Save Class to save your work. Click Recurring... to offer this class more than once, or as a series.
Tips About Classes
- Classes will only show up in your monthly view, or be synced over to Outlook/iCal/Google once someone has booked a slot -- each client will show up individually as a standalone event on any synced outside calendars. You will be able to see the class in the weekly and daily view in Acuity even if no one has registered, though.
- When clients go to book a class they'll only see the times you offer it as available. When they click on a day the class is offered, the number of available spots will show (prefer to hide this? you can do so in your Scheduling Page Options).
- Want your clients to be able to book multiple slots at once? You can allow this under Client Scheduling Page > Customize Appearance > Scheduling Page Options.
- Need to delete a single class? Click on that class to view the details of it, then choose "Delete Class" from the top. That will remove the class offering, and if any clients are registered it will cancel their appointments and email them.
- Need to delete multiple classes? Go to the class in Business Settings > Appointment Types. On the right side of the page, you’ll need to check the boxes for any dates/times you’d like to delete, then click “Delete Selected Classes” when you’re ready. Just like solo class cancellations, any registered clients will receive a cancellation notification via email.
Note: If you delete a class, they cannot be restored. You will need to reschedule and rebook any classes that are unintentionally deleted.
On your Client's Scheduling Page, classes will show in the list of appointment types. After choosing the type of class, you can view all of the times it is offered.
There is a separate class list view for the scheduling page that will show only your upcoming classes. To find this, go to Client's Scheduling Page then from the drop down instead of the General Scheduling Page choose Class List*.
*That option will not show if you don't have classes, or all of your classes are set to private.
Looking to set up a series of classes or a multi-day workshop? Click here to check out our help article on how to set that up!
Note: Classes and group events are only available on our paid plans. To upgrade, go to your My Account section in Acuity!