Wondering about ways to use coupons to give your clients holiday discounts and incentives? View our recorded live training here.
In this guide:
- Clients are only able to use one coupon or package code during booking. They cannot combine or stack codes.
- Coupons must be set up by accessing Acuity through a browser. This can be a desktop or mobile browser, but they cannot be created in the standalone mobile app.
Coupons for Appointments⚓
You can create coupons that can be applied to Appointments in Business Settings > Appointment Types > Coupons Tab. Click +New Coupon For Appointments to create a coupon that can be applied to a specific appointment type, a group of appointment types, or all appointment types.
The Expiration Date is the date that the coupon code can no longer be used. For example, if the coupon expires on December 1, that means it cannot be applied to appointments being scheduled after 12am on December 1.
When a client books an appointment they can enter the coupon code by clicking the "Redeem Coupon" button on your client's scheduling page. That button is located above the services you offer, and will display only after a coupon code has been created.
You, as the admin, can also apply a coupon to someones appointment after scheduling it by editing the appointment and entering the coupon into the "Code" field.
If clients have paid in person via cash or check for appointments they have yet to book, you can create coupon codes to share with your clients. All coupon codes created will be completely private, so only clients you've specifically shared coupon codes with will be able to redeem them. This way you could create a coupon for 100% off an appointment, then distribute that code to your client to book with, in order to bypass payment since they've paid in person.
To remove a coupon, edit the Coupon then choose "Delete." Once all coupons are removed in your account, then the "Redeem Coupon" field on the client's scheduling page will be removed.
Note: Coupons that are good for a percentage discount apply to the entire cost of the appointment, including any add-ons the client selects. If you want the coupon to be good only for part of the base price, switch to coupons that are good for dollar amounts instead.
Coupons for Packages ⚓
Coupons for packages can be found under Business Settings > Packages, Gift Certificates & Subscriptions > Coupons Tab and will allow you to create promotions to offer clients a discounted price for their package by either a percentage or dollar amount discount, and let you track which coupons have been used.
Coupon Code: what clients enter when booking to receive the discount. Click the "Enter multiple coupon codes..." link to create multiple codes.
Discount: either a percentage or dollar amount discount
- This can be used: an unlimited number of times, a custom number of times or each customer can use it once. Customers are unique for their email address, so if they redeem a certain code that can only be used once per customer, they cannot redeem it again with that same email address.
- Code applies to: Set which types of packages this coupon can discount
- Expiration date: This is the date that the coupon code can no longer be used.
For example, if the coupon expires on December 1, that means it cannot be applied to appointments being scheduled after 12am on December 1.
How To Add a Customer Email Address to a Package Coupon⚓
To add a client's email address to a package coupon, follow these steps:
- Head to Business Settings > Packages, Gift Certificates & Subscriptions
- Click on the package to which you want to add a client's email address
- Click +Add Code on the right side of the screen
- From the dropdown menu, choose Email address, or choose from your clients listed
- Click Add Code
Package Coupons and No-Shows or Cancelations⚓
If an appointment is canceled by the account admin or the client who has used a package code, credit for the appointment will go back onto the package code on the client's account.
If the appointment is marked as a no-show by the admin, credit for the missed appointment is not automatically refunded to the package coupon. The individual code can be edited if you do want to credit a no-show appointment back to a client by going to the package details > click edit the specific package > click next to the code you want to credit > add appointments and update code.
In this situation, if the original code had 5 appointments, a client no-showed and you marked it as no-show, and you want to credit their package code, add one to the number you see in the client's code details (so, the 5 will be changed to a 6).