On the Sync with Other Calendars > Google Calendar page, you can set up a sync between Acuity scheduling and Google calendar. You can choose which Acuity calendars sync with which Google calendars. Events from Acuity will always go to Google, but you can decide whether events from Google will show up in Acuity. If you've set up a sync and you're not seeing events and appointments syncing as they should be, here are some common fixes:
Events from Google not showing in Acuity
- Head over to the Sync with Other Calendars > Google Calendar page and check Acuity is set to block off time for events from your Google calendar.
There is a checkbox to have events on the synced Google calendar block off time in Acuity. And there are dropdown menus if you want events on other Google calendars to block off time in Acuity.
After those options are first selected, it can take up to 20 minutes for events to reach Acuity, but once the initial sync occurs, events should sync near-instantaneously.
- Make sure the events are marked as "Busy" in Google, rather than "Free". Only events marked as "Busy" will sync over into Acuity. To change an event from “Free” to “Busy,” click on the event to bring up its details, hit the pencil icon to edit, and then use the dropdown menu to change it from "Free" to "Busy."
- If you're looking at your Google calendar in a calendar app, use a browser to go to https://calendar.google.com/. If the Google events are not visible at that address, the problem is with the sync between Google and your calendar app, not the sync between Acuity and Google.
Events from Acuity not showing in Google
- The initial Google sync can take up to 20 minutes for appointments to sync between programs. After that events should sync quickly.
- Check that you're viewing the correct calendar in Google. You can check this in the "My Calendars" drop-down in the calendars column on the left.
- If you're looking at your Google calendar in a calendar app, use a browser to go to https://calendar.google.com/. If the Acuity events are visible at that address, the problem is with the sync between Google and your calendar app, not the sync between Acuity and Google.
Debugging shared Google calendars
- Are you syncing Acuity calendars to shared Google calendars? Calendar sharing works great with our Google sync, but calendars need to be shared in Google with at least access to "Make changes to events". If you don’t have that access, ask the person who controls the calendar to give you that permission in the Google Calendar settings.
Still not working?
If you've tried all of the above, and are still not seeing events syncing properly between Google and Acuity, please contact us, letting us know:
- The specific event name, date, and time of an appointment that isn’t syncing from Acuity to Google or from Google to Acuity.
- Whether the event in question is showing on the Google Calendar website or an app? If you're using an app to view your calendar, what is the name of it?
With those details we'll be able to start looking into it even more!