Acuity only allows one all-powerful admin who has access to all areas of the account. However, you can add as many limited-access "Users" as you'd like!
Limited-access users will have access to view and manage appointments and availability on any calendars to which they’re granted access. They won’t be able to access account-wide settings, like creating appointment types, reports, or setting up billing info. As a sub-admin you’ll only see clients booked on calendars you have access to.
How To Add Users
- Go to Manage Users
- Click +New User
- Add the new user's email address (which will be their username) and assign a password to them (they can always change their password at a later time)
- Tick the checkbox(es) of any Calendar(s) the new user will need to access
Once you’ve added a user, they’re granted access to:
- The Appointments page, where the appointment calendar can be viewed in daily, weekly, or monthly view.
- The Availability page, where they can set availability for the calendars they’re granted access to.
- The Client List page, where they can view and manage any clients who have booked appointments on the calendars they've been assigned, or have manually imported clients into.
- The Import/Export page, where they’re able to export their client list and appointment list as a CSV file and import clients into their personal list.
- The Client's Scheduling Page, where they’ll find the standalone scheduling page link for the account, and direct links for their appointments/calendars.
- The Integrations page, where the integrations program Zapier can be used to connect with other systems like Salesforce and Infusionsoft (this requires some developer coding knowledge to set up).
- The Sync with Other Calendars page, where they’re able to access a 2-way sync between their Acuity calendar and their iCloud, Outlook, Office 365, and/or Outlook Exchange calendars, and set up a 1-way sync with said program(s).
- Google calendar syncing is only available to admins.
- Learn more about syncing with multiple calendar accounts here.
- The My Account page where they can reset their password.
This is what Acuity will look like to a User:
- Users all have the same level of access. There’s no view-only access level, but calendar syncing allows you to share your calendar with employees without making changes to your user accounts. You can even share your external calendar link publicly so that users can view it. For example, sen your users the link to your Google calendar if you are syncing your Acuity calendar with Google.
- Appointments from Acuity can’t be edited from within a synced or subscribed calendar, all changes to Acuity appointments would need to be made in system.
- When you add a new user, their email address is automatically added to the calendar settings! If you do not want this, you'll need to go into calendar settings and remove their email address. The new user will still have access to the calendar, just won't get notifications.