Email Reminders (All paid plans)
You can choose when you'd like your reminders to be sent out in Business Settings > Email Settings > Reminders. Reminder emails and text messages can be sent hours or days prior to a scheduled appointment, but they cannot be sent out less than 1 hour before the appointment.
You can send your clients up to three email reminders, and one text message reminder* before their appointment, as long as valid email and phone numbers are included when scheduling.
*Text messaging is only available on the Growing Business & Powerhouse Player Plans
Text Reminders (Growing Business/Powerhouse plans only)
As the admin, you can receive text reminders by enabling that option in the Email Settings > Reminders page after you've entered your phone number into your Calendar Settings.
- The text reminder can be enabled under Email Settings > Reminders.
The first reminder listed is the one that can also include a text reminder; any additional reminders will be emails only, but the timing set for each can be in any chronological order.
This will allow you to receive a text message whenever an appointment is scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled, and prior to appointments taking place.
View Notification History Log
You can check if a text message was sent by pulling up an appointment's details, then selecting View all changes and notifications sent. That changelog records any changes to the appointment, including when emails and text messages were sent.
Text SMS Character Limit
The character limit for a single SMS message is 160 characters, however, most modern phones and networks support concatenation and will segment then rebuild messages up to 1600 characters.
- When you send an SMS message more than 160 characters, the message will be segmented into 153 character segments and sent individually, then rebuilt by the recipient's device. For example, a 161 character message will be sent as two messages: one with 153 characters and the other with 8 characters.
- If you have a reminder set to 48 hours, and your client schedules an appointment less than 48 hours before the appointment time, the client will not get the 48 hour reminder notification and this cannot be manually sent to them.
- All text messages sent by Acuity to your clients are free for you, and we don't charge fees for text messages. Standard messaging rates apply for your clients receiving the text messages.
- More on Text Reminders here
The Email Notification From/Reply-to Address
You can change the email address where replies to your notifications are sent. The reply to & from email address on all emails will default to the account owner's email address unless you would like that address to be changed in your calendar settings.
To change the reply to & from email address in your notifications follow these steps:
- Go to Business Settings > Availability > Calendar Settings
- Click the Change link:
- Enter in the email address of the calendar owner, or any other email address you want as the reply to email.