In this guide:
Where do I find my scheduling page link, to send to my clients? ⚓
The link can be found (and changed) in your Client's Scheduling Page section. This link will show all of your public appointments.
An example of how that link might look like is this:
You can also view direct links for any of your calendars, appointment types, or appointment type categories by using the “Show direct links for:” menu. These links can be shared with clients or embedded into your website.
Getting your clients involved - how it works: ⚓
People use self-checkout at the grocery store, so why not allow your clients to schedule their own appointments? Clients can schedule their own appointments from your Client's Scheduling Page, either on Acuity Scheduling or embedded inside of your own website.
Here’s how it goes down:
- The client chooses an appointment type.
- If the appointment can be scheduled on more than one calendar, they’ll get a list to pick from, or can choose “any available” to see combined availability. (want to change this?)
- They select an available date and time for their appointment.
- They fill out their first name, last name, phone, and email. We always ask for these, as they’re the basis for all email notifications and client list records. (require phone number?)
- Then, any Intake Form questions you’ve created are asked.
- The appointment payment is made, if needed. If you use PayPal, clients will be redirected to PayPal.com. (other payment options?)
- Once the appointment is confirmed, you and your clients are immediately sent an email confirmation. Clients will also have the option to register for an account to remember their info in the future (want to disable that?)
If you’d prefer that clients don’t schedule their own appointments, just set the access of each of your appointment types to “private” in the settings.
Want to see this process in action? Schedule a test appointment!
As the account admin, you can book appointments from the admin calendar by clicking (+) New Appointment at the top of your Appointment Calendar view, or by clicking directly on a time in the daily or weekly views of your calendar.
I don't want people to leave my website to book an appointment. How can I get my scheduler onto my own website? ⚓
The code to embed into your website can also be found in your Client's Scheduling Page section or the “Show direct links for:” menu, to access the embed code of specific appointment types, calendars, or appointment categories.
Or, follow these guides to add it on your own:
- Custom Website?:Look for a snippet of HTML code in the Client’s Scheduling Page or where any direct link is found. Then hand it off to your web developer to embed the Client’s Scheduling Page directly onto your site. Voila!
Not confident about doing it yourself, but don't have a web designer? No worries: we can do it for you! Just click the "Embed the Scheduler For Me" button in the Client's Scheduling Page section to send us a request, and we'll do the hard work for you at no extra cost!
Not in the mood for a video? No problem. Here are some screenshots of the scheduling process to show you the client’s view.
1. Choose an appointment type.
2. Choose a calendar to schedule on. (If there's only one calendar we'll skip this step)
3. Pick an available date.
4. Decide on an appointment time.
5. Enter information. (First and last name, email phone, and any intake questions)
6. And last but not least, choose to pay now or later (if advanced payment is optional).