In this guide:
How to find my scheduling page link to send to my clients ⚓
The link can be found by heading to Client Scheduling Page > Scheduling Page Link. This link will show all of your public appointments.
Here's an example of what you'll see when you look the link up from Acuity's admin end:
You can customize your scheduling page link by clicking the Change Link Name button.
You can also view direct links for any of your calendars, appointment types, or appointment type categories in the Direct Links & Embedding section. These links can be shared with clients or embedded into your website.
How clients schedule appointments using Acuity ⚓
Clients can schedule their own appointments from your Client Scheduling Page, either on Acuity or embedded on your own website.
Here is the scheduling process for the client:
- The client chooses an appointment type.
- If the appointment can be scheduled on more than one calendar, they’ll get a list to pick from, or can choose “any available” to see combined availability. (want to change this?)
- They select an available date and time for their appointment.
- They fill out their first name, last name, phone, and email. We always ask for these, as they’re the basis for all email notifications and client list records. (require phone number?)
- Then, any Intake Form questions you’ve created are asked.
- The appointment payment is made, if needed. If you use PayPal, clients will be redirected to PayPal.com. (other payment options?)
- Once the appointment is confirmed, you and your clients are immediately sent an email confirmation. Clients will also have the option to register for an account to remember their info in the future (want to disable that?)
If a client selects an appointment type or package, then changes their mind, they can go back to the appointment type/package list by clicking on the appointment type or package they've selected.
If you'd prefer that clients don't schedule their own appointments, you can set the access of each of your appointment types to “private” in the settings.
Want to see this process in action? Schedule a test appointment!
As the account admin, you can book appointments from the admin calendar by clicking (+) New Appointment at the top of your Appointment Calendar view, or by clicking directly on a time in the daily or weekly views of your calendar.
I don't want people to leave my website to book an appointment. How can I get my scheduler onto my own website? ⚓
The code to embed into your website can also be found in your Client Scheduling Page section or the “Show direct links for:” menu, to access the embed code of specific appointment types, calendars, or appointment categories.
Or, follow these guides to add it on your own:
Custom Website? Look for a snippet of HTML code in the Client’s Scheduling Page or where any direct link is found. Then hand it off to your web developer to embed the Client’s Scheduling Page directly onto your site.
Here are some screenshots of the scheduling process to show you the client’s view.
1. Choose an appointment type.
2. Choose a calendar to schedule on. (If there's only one calendar we'll skip this step)
3. Pick an available date and time.
4. Enter information. (first and last name, email phone, and any intake questions)
5. And last but not least, choose to pay now or later (if advanced payment is optional).