Use add-ons to offer additional services to clients and/or add extra time to the appointment during the scheduling process.
In this guide:
Create an Add-on⚓
Note:You'll need to do this by accessing Acuity through a browser, rather than the standalone mobile app. You can use a desktop or mobile browser.
- Go to Business Settings > Appointment Types > Add-ons.
- Click the Add New Add-On button.
- Name the add-on.
- If you want this add-on to be available only to staff, who will add it from Acuity's admin end, check the box next to Hide this from clients.
- Enter the amount(s) the time and/or price of the appointment should change. Hint: You can leave both fields blank if neither should change, and you can use negative numbers to reduce the price or duration of an appointment.
- Use the checkboxes to select the appointment types for which you'd like this add-on to be available.
- Click the Create New Add-On button.
* Add-ons can affect the price of group classes, but cannot change duration.
* Coupons that are good for a percentage discount apply to the entire cost of the appointment, including any add-ons the client selects. If you want the coupon to be good only for part of the base price, switch to coupons that are good for dollar amounts instead.
Edit your already created Add-ons under Business Settings > Appointment Types and choose the
Add-ons tab. Hover over the name of the add-on you'd like to edit then click on the pencil icon that appears to edit and the trash can to delete.
You can also edit add-ons from Business Settings > Appointment Types and edit an appointment type. Then click on the Add-ons tab to see the list of Add-Ons. The add-ons available with that particular appointment type checked off.
Apply multiple add-ons to appointments from this page by checking the box(es) next to the other add-ons in your list.
What Does it Look like for my Clients?⚓
When clients book an appointment, they’ll choose the appointment type, then will have the option to add-on additional services or products. Clients are not required to select an add-on when scheduling. If multiple appointments are booked at once (such as recurring appointments), all of the appointments will have the add-on applied.
Where do Add-ons Appear when the Admin Books an Appointment?⚓
When you schedule an appointment for a client from the admin side, the add-on will appear as soon as the appointment type is chosen. Only add-ons that are applied to this appointment type will be appear under the appointment type name dropdown, including hidden add-ons.
Learn more about how to schedule appointments for your clients here»