If the selected appointment type is offered on more than one calendar, clients are automatically given the option to select which calendar they’d like to book an appointment on, or opt for any available to be assigned an available calendar at their chosen time.
- The default behavior for any available calendars is round robin, and will set appointments to the calendar with the least number of appointments that day.
Default Calendar Display:
Alternatively, there are a few other ways to display calendars on your client scheduling page. From the Clients Scheduling Page > Customize Appearance > Scheduling Page Options section you can:
- Hide all calendar names by checking the box for Calendars: Pool Availability and Automatically Pick an Available Calendar.
- Opt to hide the “Any Available” option for clients by checking the box for Calendars: Hide “any available” option from the Calendar list. This will require your clients to select a calendar instead of being assigned to the calendar with the least number of appointments scheduled that day.
- Choose Calendars: Prioritize Calendars with "Any Available" Instead of Round Robin and instead of picking the calendar with the least number of appointments scheduled that day, prioritize calendars alphabetically so the first one will get all appointments and only when it is full will the next calendar get appointments.
Since calendars will be prioritized alphabetically when you choose the option Calendars: Prioritize Calendars with "Any Available" Instead of Round Robin, and calendars are automatically listed in alphabetical order, we'll have to do a little tweak to make your calendars prioritize correctly! To do this, add spaces in front of calendar names to put them at the top of the list. In this case, here's how it'll look:
_ _ Person 3
_ Person 2
* (each _ is one space -- so you'll replace each _ with a space)
This way, Person 3 will be prioritized first, then 2, then 1.
Keep in mind: These options will only be available under the Scheduling Page Options area once more than one calendar has been created. If there's only one calendar in your account these options won't display until an additional calendar is added.
"Hide Any Available" Display:
"Pool Availability" Display: