Transfer an Acuity account to a new owner.
If you own an Acuity Scheduling account, you can transfer ownership to another person.
Transferring ownership can be useful if you set up Acuity for someone else, are leaving an organization, or have sold your business.
If you log in to Acuity with a Squarespace account, when you transfer ownership to someone else, your access will be downgraded to contributor. The new owner can then remove your access entirely if they want.
If you log in to Acuity with an Acuity account, when you transfer ownership to someone else, you’ll be removed from the account entirely.
Before you begin
- Each Acuity account has one owner. There isn’t a way to share ownership of an Acuity account.
- Only the owner can transfer ownership to another person.
- A change in account ownership takes effect immediately and isn’t reversible.
- If your Acuity account is attached to a Squarespace website, ownership of the Acuity subscription transfers along with ownership of the website. It’s not possible to transfer Acuity to someone else and remain as the owner of the website.
Depending on if your subscription is attached to a website or not, there are different processes for transferring ownership of Acuity.
To determine if Acuity is attached to a website, go to your account dashboard. If the card for your project has a Website and an Acuity Scheduling button, you’re using Acuity attached to a website. If it has only an Acuity Scheduling button, you’re using Acuity as a standalone subscription.
If your Acuity subscription isn’t attached to a Squarespace website, how you transfer ownership depends on which kind of account you use to log into Acuity.
Acuity attached to a website
To transfer ownership of an Acuity subscription that's attached to a Squarespace website, transfer the entire website to the new owner. To learn more, visit Changing site ownership.
If you log in with a Squarespace account
If you log into Acuity with a Squarespace account, you can transfer ownership of the subscription to a contributor. If the new owner isn’t already a contributor, first invite the new owner to become a contributor.
After the new owner has accepted your invitation and become a contributor:
- Go to your account dashboard.
- Find the Acuity subscription you want to transfer and click …, then click Permissions.
- Click Transfer ownership. If prompted, log in again to verify your identity.
- Choose the new owner from the drop-down menu.
- Click Continue, then click Confirm.
If you log in with an Acuity account
If you log into Acuity with an Acuity account, to transfer ownership:
- If the future owner is already a user on the Acuity account, go to the Manage users panel and remove them.
- In Acuity, click My Account.
- Enter the new owner’s email address in the Email/Username field.
- Click Change password.
- Choose a new password you’ll provide to the new owner.
- Click Save changes.
After you send the new password to the new owner, they should log in and change their password.
Next steps for new owners
As the new owner of an Acuity account, you may want to update several settings:
Update your card on file
Update your payment information for your account.
- If you log in with a Squarespace account, visit Updating your billing credit card.
- If you log in with an Acuity account, visit Acuity Scheduling billing.
Review internal notification settings
Site or account owners can receive automated notifications. Adding the owner’s phone number or email address to a calendar’s settings will trigger a separate set of internal notifications. We recommend enabling one or the other, rather than both. To avoid confusion, we also recommend removing the previous owner’s information from any calendar where it's present.
Set access for the old owner
Decide what level of access the old owner should have. To learn more, visit Adding and managing Acuity contributors.
Update your password (if you log in with an Acuity account)
When you were given control of your Acuity account, the old owner sent you a password that they set for you. Because they know that password, you should immediately update your password.