Once you're set up with your scheduler, the next step is to get your clients using it. These tips can help you gain even more exposure for your business by making it easier to find online.
When "your website" is listed below that can either be your standalone scheduling page or the link to where it is embedded on your website.
*) Add your website to Google's search at: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
*) Add your business to Google maps and places
- Sign up at places.google.com/business and register your business
- Once you enter your basic business information, you can enter your scheduling website into the Add website area in your listing within the Info tab:
Put the link to your standalone scheduling page or the page on your website where the scheduler is embedded here. That will let clients click a single button on your listing inside of Google search results to book an appointment.
- As a bonus, go to Add photos and add a new photo of your business to entice clients and include text on there letting them know they can book from your website. You can use an image editor or an online service like Picfont to add it. Then set this to be your primary photo when people search for you.
- Once that's verified your listing will show like this in Google's search results:
Yelp is another directory with reviews and a great place to increase the exposure of your business and also collect reviews. To add your listing go to their Yelp for Business Owners section and choose Add your business.
Once you've created your listing, or claimed an existing one, you can add your website for your scheduling page and create images similar to what is listed above for Google.
What's the best way to promote my business once I'm set up? ⚓
After your schedule is set up and clients can schedule with you, the most successful businesses promote online scheduling several ways:
- Embedding the scheduler on your website, Facebook page, or anywhere else clients can find you!
- Send your mailing list a link to your scheduling page. (We recommend MailChimp for bulk-emailing)
- Including a link to your online scheduler on business cards.
- Offering a small discount for people who pay online in advance. (Coupons are handy here!)
- Posting a sign in your office letting clients know they can now conveniently schedule appointments online.
- If clients text you for appointments, send them a text message back with a link to your appointment scheduling page.
- Mentioning online booking in your voicemail message.
- Listing your business online in Yelp and Google Places, read more about how to do this.
If you’re embedding the scheduler into your site and accepting credit card payments with Stripe, Square, Braintree, or Authorize.net, we strongly recommend that SSL is enabled on your website's scheduling page. Ask your website host for guidance on this if you’re unsure.