Customizing the content:
The Email Subject Line
In your email settings you can use %tags% to get your email subject line to dynamically pull data from your appointments and make your subject lines customized per calendar, appointment type, and client name.
An example of how your subject line will appear to your clients will be shown below.
You can also customize the subject line for each template group. Click on the template group and then edit the subject line to your liking. Be sure to scroll to the bottom to "Save Template" to lock in that change.
The Email Body Template
You can customize the body/template for your notifications by adding your own text and information for your clients. You can also use the editor menu at the top to change the font size/styling, add in images and links, or insert fields from Intake Forms or other appointment-dependent information or buttons.
Want to add a logo or image to your email notifications?
Use the Image button in the editor to add your logo or other images into your notifications.
Check it out in action here:
Change back to the Default Email Template from a Custom Email⚓
- Choose the template group that you'd like to revert back to the default template from the menu on the left
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click Use Default Template on the right side
The custom email will revert back to the original default Acuity template the edits that you made will be deleted.
Did you delete a button, and want it back?
If you've deleted a button in an email template or want to add a new button - you can!
Click your cursor into your template where you'd like to add the button. Then click on the Add Button option from the editor menu at the top and select the button you want to add.
When you're happy with your template, click Save Changes.
Email Button Text and Links in Notifications
After you've scheduled the clients' appointments on the admin end, they can click the
Change/Cancel Appointment button on their confirmation email then click the Edit Forms button on the appointment confirmation page to fill out any applicable forms.
You might what to edit your buttons in your emails to makes this more clear to your clients. To do this, click the text on your Change/Cancel Appointment button on their confirmation email and click Edit. Make your edits and click Edit in the pop out editor.
If you deleted the links on the buttons, you can re-link them. Here are the link tags you can use:
- %viewlink%: This tag will create a "Change/Cancel Appointment" link where clients are able to reschedule and cancel their appointment, as well as view/edit their form answers. You can also use %viewhref% to add just the URL, without the link, to the e-mail.
- %exporthref% for Add to iCal/Outlook Calendar
- %googlehref% for Add to Google Calendar
- %formslink% to include a link to the appointment intake form or use %formshref% on a button or to insert an unlinked URL
Keep in mind -- you'll need to enable this feature in the Scheduling Limits section of your account to make this work! Check this box off when you get there!
Turn Off Notification Emails to Clients
Interested in making notifications inactive for certain appointment types? Check out this article next!