- Collecting Money from the Admin Side
- How to Charge a Client that Cancels, or is a No-show
- How to Charge a Client when Payment is "Verify card, but don't charge"
Collecting money from the admin side ⚓
To accept payment in Acuity from the admin side, either if you're charging the whole amount for the appointment, or the remainder of what a client owes after paying a deposit from your Client's Scheduling Page, follow these steps.
Click on the appointment that needs to be paid for from your Appointments view
This will open the appointment details. Click Make a payment
You'll see stored credit cards here, the option to manually input a new credit card:
You can also mark as cash, or make a note in the cash option if you take a check as payment:
Choose the payment method, and input the amount owed, and click Pay Now to process the payment on your integrated payment processor.
How to Charge a Client that Cancels, or is a No-show⚓
If an appointment has been canceled, or the client has not shown up for the scheduled meeting, you can charge the client if you have a payment processor* set up with one of these payment option settings chosen for the appointment type, which vaults the client's credit card number:
You can find canceled appointments listed directly in the client's information.
- Head to Appointments > Client List
- Go to the client info
- Click into the canceled appointment
- You'll see a Make a payment link - click that and you'll be able to charge the card on file*
*Note: These options are only available if your payment processor is Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.net, or Square. You can manually input credit card information on the admin side if the payment has not been collected from the Client's Scheduling Page. PayPal does not allow vaulting of credit cards, and will not allow you to manually collect payment on the admin side -- the client must input PayPal payments from your Client's Scheduling Page.
How to Charge a Client when Payment is "Verify card, but don't charge"⚓
To collect a payment from a client when your payment settings are set to "Verify card, but don't charge," follow these steps:
- Go to your Appointments main view, or your client list, and click on the appointment to open the appointment details
- Click Make a Payment> next to the price owed
- This will open your clients saved credit cards on file:
- Choose what card to charge and enter in the amount to collect
- Click Pay Now
Open your payment processor dashboard outside of Acuity to see your balances!