In this guide:
Collecting money from the admin side ⚓
You can charge a client inside Acuity from the admin side either by entering the client's credit card number into the their payment area by clicking Make a payment, or if you have their credit card info saved to their client file, by clicking Make a payment and charging a card you have on file for them.
- Click on the appointment that needs to be paid for from your Appointments view
- This will open the appointment details. Click Make a payment
- You'll see stored credit cards here, the option to manually input a new credit card:
- You can also mark as cash, or make a note in the cash option if you take a check as payment:
- Choose the payment method, and input the amount owed, and click Pay Now to process the payment on your integrated payment processor.
- You can charge the full amount owed, or partial amounts as fees for no-shows or cancellations.
How to Charge a Client that Cancels, or is a No-show⚓
If you need to charge a client fees or total amount of the appointment they have cancelled or no-showed to, you can follow the steps above for how to collect payment from the admin side, by clicking into the appointment and then clicking Make a payment if you have a client's credit card on file.
All of these options allow the client's card to be securely saved to their client file in Acuity.
You can find cancelled appointments listed directly in the client's information.
- Head to Appointments > Client List
- Go to the client info
- Click into the cancelled appointment
- You'll see a Make a payment link - click that and you'll be able to charge the card on file*
- These options are only available if your payment processor is Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.net, or Square.
- You can manually input credit card information on the admin side if the payment has not been collected from the Client's Scheduling Page.
- PayPal does not allow vaulting of credit cards, and will not allow you to manually collect payment on the admin side -- the client must input PayPal payments from your Client's Scheduling Page.
- If you use Square as your payment processor, the client will receive an electronic receipt from Square when you vault the card. This receipt will include a link that allows the client to delete the payment information you have on file. If the client does this, you will be unable to charge the card later. Stripe also allows you to store card information to charge later, but does not allow clients to delete the card information.
How to Charge a Client when Payment is "Require a valid credit card, but don't charge"⚓
To collect a payment from a client when your payment settings are set to "Require a valid credit card, but don't charge," follow these steps:
- Go to your Appointments main view, or your client list, and click on the appointment to open the appointment details
- Click Make a Payment> next to the price owed:
- This will open your clients saved credit cards on file:
- Choose what card to charge and enter in the amount to collect
- Click Pay Now
Open your payment processor dashboard outside of Acuity to see your balances!